The role of the Collateral Review Appraiser is to review Appraisals per Client guidelines to ensure they meet requirements prior to the closing of the loan.
Essential Job Functions:
· Review appeals and reconsideration of values, decide most effective solution, and engage the appropriate parties.
· Receive initial complaint and determine if it is unsupported, minor, or major. If minor, effect a solution – if major, escalate to Client to log and investigate.
· Work closely with Chief Appraiser to ensure escalations are taken care of
· Assist the review team to handle variances – engage QC team at the AMC to attempt to mitigate the variance.
· Assist with the collection of data about reviews and reporting of results.
· Perform other functions as assigned by Management
• 10+ Years appraising and/or reviewing Residential 1-4 Unit Single Family Residential Homes
• Must maintain current Certified General/Residential Appraisers License (any state) in good standing and not on any exclusionary lists
• Strong analytical ability required to review quantitative and qualitative data and render professional judgments based upon USPAP and client guidelines
• Strong work ethic and flexibility in a fast paced environment
• Prior experience reviewing appraisal
• Ability to maintain objectivity
• Strong verbal/written communication skills
• Accustomed to reading guidelines and regulations