Location: Maitland, Florida
The Java Developer will creates user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java based components and interfaces. The ideal candidate is someone with experience in, and design with Java, Spring, Hibernate, and MySQL. Participate as a high level technical expert in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of new software in an agile development environment. Work within a team to understand problems with software and develops specifications to resolve them. The ideal candidate is competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications programming activities. This position requires an individual who is able to produce well-written, well-documented, high-quality, and fast code.
Essential Job Functions:
- Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Designs and develops user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Creates multimedia applications by using authoring tools.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Natural programming and architecture abilities combined with deep expertise from experience
- 3+ years hands-on Java development experience
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated use of advanced OOP concepts
- Experience with Spring, Akka, SQL, Hibernate
- Experience with Groovy/Grails is desirable
- Open to code review and constructive feedback
- Significant experience utilizing and creating 3rd party APIs
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective time management skills and the ability to perform under pressure
- Eager to learn new technologies and methodologies
Digital Risk is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization